NOW OPEN LATE ON THURSDAYS
Our centre is committed to best practice in relation to the management of information we collect. This centre has developed a policy to protect patient privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Privacy Act’).
Our policy is to inform you of:
· the kinds of information we collect and hold;
· how we collect and hold personal information;
· the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
· how you may access your personal information and seek the correction of that information;
· how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint;
· whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients;
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes:
· Your name, address, date of birth, email and contact details, signed consent documents
· Your referring doctor or specialist
· Your pathology results
· Your medical history
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will generally collect personal information:
· from you directly when you provide your details to us. This might be via a face to face discussion, telephone conversation, registration form or online form, consent forms
· from a person related or known to you
· from referring doctors or specialist
· from pathology companies
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
· to provide services to you
· to communicate with you in relation to the services being provided to you
· to help us manage our accounts and administrative services, including billing, pursuing unpaid accounts, management of our ITC systems
· for identification purposes
5. How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have a right to seek access to, and correction of the personal information which we hold about you. For details on how to access and correct your record, please contact our practice as noted below under ‘Contact Details’ Point 10. We will normally respond to your request within 30 days.
6. How do we hold your personal information?
Our staff are trained and required to respect and protect your privacy. We take reasonable steps to protect information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
· Holding your information in secure cloud storage
· Our staff sign confidentiality agreements
7. Privacy related questions and complaints
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, you may lodge your complaint in writing to (see below for details). We will normally respond to your request within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC):Phone: 1300 363 992Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: +61 2 9284 9666Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001Website: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint
8. Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other necessary developments. Updates will be published on the centres website.
9. Privacy and websites/social media
We collect personal information via the centres website and when we interact with clients online (i.e. through social media or by email, when you phone in etc), through the use of website analytics, cookies, etc. Our centre website does not allow for customer feedback.
In the event of a comment being made on our social media pages Facebook page Precision Imaging for Women reserves the right to remove any individual complaint raised on such sites as we may be unable to provide a response without breaching confidentiality through this type of media.
10. Contact details for privacy related issues
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you receive you must inform a member of staff before you leave the centre. We will do our best to resolve this immediately. If you are still unhappy please email with Attention to the Director of Precision Imaging for Women at email@example.com.